Golden Globe Apps: Wolf of Wall Street Wings
- For the Wings:
- 1 LB All-Natural, Skinless Chicken Wings
- 2 Cups Apricot BBQ Sauce (see recipe below)
- For the BBQ Sauce:
- 3 Large Apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- ¾ Cup Organic Pineapple Juice
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar (replace with Stevia)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Make the BBQ sauce marinade.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced by about a quarter.
- Put the wings in a ziploc bag or glass tupperware and top with BBQ sauce- shake it and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum or overnight.
- Transfer leftover sauce into a mason jar to store or use in our chicken wing recipe!
- Make the wings.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the wings with 2 Cups of the APL Apricot-Infused BBQ Sauce- toss to coat (reserve 1 cup for dipping.)