Poblano Corn Cakes with a Chipotle-Lime Drizzle
- For the Corn Cakes:
- 4 cups sprouted brown rice, steamed
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 large pasture-raised egg
- 1/3 cup coconut or gluten-free oat flour
- 3 TB avocado oil
- 1 cup grilled corn
- 2 organic scallions, grilled whole for garnish/plating
- For the Chipotle-Lime Drizzle:
- 2/3 cup organic whole sour cream or whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper, diced
- 1 TB adobo sauce (it comes from the can of chipotles)
- 1 organic lime, zested & juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the poblano peppers and the corn off of the ear- place in a skillet over medium heat, drizzle with 2 tsp avocado oil, and cook until browned.
- Steam the rice or use the Annie Chun's pre-made sprouted brown rice bowls. Mix the rice, egg, flour, corn, & peppers in a bowl- mix well.
- Form into patties (as large or small as you like) and, using the remaining oil- cook until browned on both sides, set aside on a parchment-lined baking sheet and keep cooking them in batches.
- Grill the scallions in the skillet
- Bake the cakes for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the chipotle-lime drizzle by combining all ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Serve with lime wedges, grilled scallion slices on top, and the chipotle-lime drizzle!