Super Filling Shredded Red Cabbage Salad
We love this detoxifying salad because it is super easy to make and SO filling! Add avocado on top as shown for a dose of healthy fat and check out the photo below of the olives we love to use for added flavor. Black olives may be substituted if you cannot find them.
- 1 TB raw tahini
- 2 TB raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (we use Bragg's)
- 1 tsp coconut nectar or organic agave
- 1 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 TB nutritional yeast (found in most health stores and Whole Foods in the loose food dept)
- 1 Cup organic parsley, well-rinsed & roughly chopped
- 3 Cups organic red cabbage, hand shredded into thin strips
- 1/2 Cup Botija Olives, sliced (Peruvian, dried is ok)
- 1/4 Cup organic green onion, sliced
- 1 Cup sprouted brown rice (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients together with a whisk, set aside.
- Prepare all of the other ingredients and toss into a large salad bowl.
- Dress with the dressing (if eating all of it right away) and let sit for 1-2 hours to "soften" and become more digestible. If eating only half, just dress the half and place the rest in the refrigerator in glass tupperware with a well-sealed lid.
- To make this recipe faster, we always have prepare quinoa or brown rice on-hand to add to lunches or dinners for more fiber and to increase satiety. One serving at a meal is 1/2 cup.