Kale, Lentil, & Asparagus Salad with Spiced Miso Dressing
- 2 cups lacinato kale, cleaned & torn from stem
- 1 cup lentils, soaked overnight & then steamed
- 1 cup organic asparagus, lightly steamed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 TB organic Dijon mustard (we love using Sir Kensington)
- 2 TB Bragg's liquid aminos
- 6-7 TB water, depending on thickness desired
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 TB Raw Brown Miso
- 2 dates, soaked for an hour & pit removed
- 2 TB raw, organic tahini
- Steam the lentils and asparagus (in a hurry? Buy organic lentils from Eden's Select and just rinse & serve)
- Tear the kale and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, place the mustard through tahini- blend until smooth. Add more water if too thick.
- Mix the asparagus and lentils with the kale. Dress with half of the dressing - let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve when ready! We reserve the rest of the dressing for a second salad or to dip raw cucumber slices in at snack time!