Millet with Winter Veggies & Sweet Tahini Sauce
It’s a week of millet-loving recipes in the APL Kitchen this week! Here is the millet we buy, soak, and use for our dishes. Check out the recipe variation I made after the lunch dish featured in the recipe here! We added golden raisins, a poached egg, and homemade curried Veganaise on top for another dish.
- sweet tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries, no sugar-added
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- black pepper & Celtic sea salt, to taste
- 1 TB raw tahini
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
- 2 TB cold-filtered extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 TB filtered water, or just enough to thin out
- 1 cup millet, soaked overnight & cooked with water or organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 organic carrots, peeled, cut in half, then sliced horizontally
- ¼ small onion, sliced
- 1 small red apple, thinly sliced
- ½ small avocado, sliced
- optional: 2 TB home-roasted pumpkin seeds (we make a bunch at one time so we have left-overs rather than just making 2 TB!) Don't want pumpkin seeds? Toss some hemp seeds on top
- prepare the millet according to package directions.
- cut the sprouts, onion, & carrots- toss the onions in a skillet over medium heat with 1 TB extra virgin olive oil and cook for 4 minutes. Toss in the carrots and sprouts and cook until all veggies are lightly browned.
- meanwhile, chop the avocado and apple, set aside. Blend the dressing ingredients in a high-quality blender until smooth, set aside.
- top 1/2 of the millet with half of the veggies, 2 TB of sauce, and then half of the apple and avocado.