Mustard-Crusted Brussels Sprouts
We love us some Brussels sprouts so we have them OFTEN…you have to change up their preparation so you don’t feel like you are overdoing it so we tossed one of our favorite condiments in the mix, coarse-grain mustard. (For more on our favorite condiments, check out our YouTube video from APL TV: Live Healthy, With Style.)
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, washed, end cut off, and halved
- 1 tsp shallots, chopped
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1/3 cup organic coarse-grain Dijon mustard (we love Sir Kensington!)
- sea salt, to taste
- Place the halved sprouts in a large bowl with the shallots. In a smaller bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, toss them over the sprouts, and mix until coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, adding only a tiny bit of cold-pressed evoo if-needed, and cook the sprouts until tender- roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm & enjoy!