Yummy Kabocha Squash Soup
- 1 medium kabocha squash
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups organic, low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the squash (removing the peel from all pieces,) carrots, and onion - set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until melted. Toss in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, then add in the ginger and onion and cook until lightly tender.
- Add in some salt and pepper, then stir in the rest of the veggies and let them soften- roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Add in the broth and let simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Toss the soup with the coconut milk in a blender and process until smooth. Serve with some chopped sage for garnish.