How to Stay Motivated During the Gray Days of Winter
The Winter Blues can pack a punch- don’t let those gray days kill your motivational buzz! Stay motivated with these tips from APL to keep working on a healthy, fit lifestyle and make winter hot!
- Put your workout clothes in the dryer before you go outside to toast you up a bit.
- Get a few new sweaters or sweatshirts to spice up your winter workout wardrobe- it will make you feel fantastic and enable you to layer your gear to get you in and out of the gym without getting cold.
- Download 3 new playlists for the season; one for weights, one for intervals, and one for longer, steady-paced cardio. Make the strength playlist something that pushes you, make the intervals music with fast beats per minute (BPM,) and then mix up your longer cardio workout with stuff that keeps you focused throughout.
- Ask for holiday gifts that will help push you towards your healthy living goals. Some ideas include: fitness class packages, a weekend somewhere warm so you have to get skimpy before summer and force you out of hibernation, a new workout outfit, an iTunes gift card for some tunes, a gym membership, a piece of tracking equipment that can show you how much you move throughout the day, some fun athletic shoes, and more!
- Sign up for a morning boot camp class with a buddy and keep each other accountable. Better yet, get yourself and all of your friends signed up for the APL Better, Balanced Body Challenge starting January 19th!
- Get co-workers to launch a wellness campaign in December so you all can help one another remain healthy during the holidays instead of catching up afterwards! Try weekly potlucks for healthy lunches, skip bringing in unhealthy holiday treats, make your office party a healthier affair, limit yourself to a 3-cocktails/week limit all month long….there’s so much you can do!
- Make it social- commit to physical activity by joining a community like APL! We will motivate you to forget the excuses and stay on-task! Post your fitness & nutrition intentions on social media so you can’t make a fibber out of yourself.
- When you wake up and can’t really, “wake up,” try a shower before the gym.
We are always here to give you any motivation you need! Tap into the APL network to get you moving all winter long! Remember, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the 8-week APL Better, Balanced Body Challenge launching January 19th!