APL Buckwheat & Citrus Waffles
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Organic Can Sugar (or use the equivalent in Stevia if staying off sugar on APL plan)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Light, Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Earth Balance or any Dairy Free Butter (you can substitute apple sauce if you like)
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 Cup Toffutti Cream Cheese
- 1 TB Light, Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 drops Liquid Stevia
- 2 Blood Oranges, sliced and peeled
- 2 Cara Cara Oranges, sliced and peeled
- Cinnamon (pure, Turkish preferred)
- Honey, for drizzling on top
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl, with an electronic mixer, mix together the butter, milk, and egg until well-combined.
- Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture- set aside.
- Let your waffle iron heat up, then spray it with coconut oil cooking spray. Coat with batter, close, and cook until it tells you they are done.
- With an electric mixer, in a small bowl, mix together the toffutti, coconut milk, vanilla, and stevia together- this is your sweet cream topping!
- Serve 1 with 1 TB sweet cream, 2 slices blood orange, 2 slices cara cara orange, dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey.
- FYI, you can also make a bunch and freeze these for ready-to-go breakfasts!