APL Orange-Chocolate Biscotti Bites
- 1 1/4 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/3 Cup Earth Balance, or any dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Organic Cane Sugar or Stevia Equivalent
- 2 Large Organice Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 TB Orange Zest
- 8 oz. Dairy-Free, Organic Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt- set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter. Add in the sugar and mix again. Beat in the eggs until mixed well. Slowly start adding the flour mixture, mixing throughout until mixed well.
- Add the coconut, half of the chocolate, and the orange zest- mix thoroughly.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, form 2 tsp balls of the dough and place them all down the baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the biscotti for 18-20 minutes- let cool.
- While cooling, heat the remaining chocolate in a small saucepan until melted. Be careful not to burn it!
- Dip the biscotti into the chocolate then top with additional leftover orange zest.