New APL #motivationmonday Workout
Time for a new, TOUGH, workout! #motivationmonday will surely kick your butt today:) See the workout moves below- let’s kick some butt!
- Burpee Box Jumps: Bring your arms down to the floor and jump your legs back into a plank position. Push up off of the ground and jump up right onto the box in front of you. Jump off of the box and repeat.
- Medicine Ball Push Ups: Perform a standard push up, alternating a medicine ball between your hands for each push up. These CAN be done on your knees folks, so mix it up and try some!
- Side Step Ups (over box): Stand beside a plyo box. Step your right leg up onto the box and bring your left leg to meet it. Step down with your right leg on the other side of the box and repeat stepping back over with your left foot. Once you get good at this, pick up the pace and make it a dance!
- Pull Up Jumps: Place a box or bench underneath a cable machine with pull up bars. Grab the bars and make sure your feet can touch the bench (aka, not on your tip toes.) Pull yourself up with your arms and using your feet as quickly as possible.
- Triceps Dips- Toe Touches: Get into a crab position: legs bent in front of you, palms on the ground behind you with finger towards your bum, bum off the ground. Dip down so your elbows bend to 90-degrees and you can feel the triceps burn, then lift your right arm and left leg up in front of you to touch, place back down, then your left arm and left leg up to touch, repeat. All the while, keep your bum off that ground!
- Wood Choppers: Start with your handsstraightabove your head and feet together (like you are a tall pole.) Jump your legs out into a squat, bringing your arms down to graze the floor between your legs. Return back to your pole position. Repeat. Add a medicine ball for more difficulty.
- Plank Arm Raises: Pop into a plain ol’ plank position, palms down, back straight. Alternate raising your arms up in front of you, minimizing your hip or body movement.
- Tuck Jumps: This is like a regular ol’ squat jump, but more intense! When you squat down, reach super low, then use your arms to get yourself as high in the air as you can, pulling your knees ALL THE WAY up to your chest. Repeat.