New APL #tightenuptuesday Workout
A new workout for you all is HERE! Time for some #tightenuptuesday moves to get you fit as a fiddle. It’s upper body time- let’s get sweaty!
- Medicine Ball Push Ups: Perform a standard push up, alternating a medicine ball between your hands for each push up. These CAN be done on your knees folks, so mix it up and try some!
- Dumbbell Alternating Overhead Punches: stand with feet hip-width apart, dumbbells in your hands and arms bent so they are at shoulder height, punch your right arm up until it is straight and as you bring it back down to your shoulder, then punch up with your left arm. Repeat.
- Seated Biceps Curls: sitting at the front of a bench (without any back support,) and holding a dumbbell in either hand. Curl them all the way up to your chest, then lower them back down at the same speed, making sure to bring them all the way down.
- Bench Dips: Sit on a bench with your hands gripping the edge of the bench shoulder-width apart, legs straight out in front of you, bring your body off of the bench. Lower your body to the floor, remaining close to the bench, until arms are at a 90-degree angle. Push back up and repeat. For added difficulty, raise one leg in the air.
- Dumbbell Reverse Flies: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, grasping dumbbells in both hands, bend at the knees and hips to lean forward with back straight. Hold dumbbells below chest and keep arms slightly flexed. Raise arms to sides until elbows are slightly higher than shoulders. Keep upper arms perpendicular to body and elbows pointing up, squeeze your shoulder blades together and lower arms back down. Repeat.