New APL #motivationmonday Workout
Let’s MOVE! We would like ya’ll to burn off wherever your weekend brought you 🙂 Time to get down to business and get sweaty APL-style!
- Quick Feet-Drops: Keeping your center of gravity low, run in place with very quick feet (use your arms to move faster,) and every 15 seconds, drop your body down onto a mat all the way, then quickly push yourself back up and resume the quick feet.
- Burpees with Plank Swivels: Standing in neutral position, arms at your side, jump up into the air, bring your palms to the ground and kick your legs back into plank. Swivel your right knee to your left elbow, then your left knee to your right elbow. Bring your feet in to your chest and jump up again. Repeat.
- Alternating Squat Side Kicks: Stand in neutral position with your fee hip-distance apart, squat low, come back up and bring your right leg into a side kick. For more umph, punch your right arm out with your leg. Return to neutral and repeat on the left side, continue alternating sides.
- Split Squat Jumps: start with your right leg forward in lunge position, jump up and switch legs in the air, landing in a left-leg lunge. Repeat.
- Jumping Jack-Toe Touches: Perform a standard jumping jack, then reach down and touch your toes. Repeat.
- 180-degree Plyo Jumps: Start standing in neutral position, feet hip distance apart. Squat low, then launch yourself up and over 180-degrees, into a squat again. Repeat, alternating the direction you jump.