APL Mixed Berry Baked French Toast
- 4 Cups Light Coconut Milk
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 TB Pure, Organic Sugar
- 2 TB Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 Pieces of Ciabatta Bread (gluten-free), preferably a day old so it is slightly hard
- 1 1/2 Cups Mixed Fresh Berries
- Grease a 13 by 9–inch baking dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place the milk, eggs, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
- Arrange half of the slices of bread in the prepared baking dish, pour half of the milk mixture over the bread, then create a second layer of bread and pour the rest of the milk mixture on top. Top it all with the berries.
- Lightly press the bread down, cover with foil and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the French toast, uncovered for roughly 30 to 35 minutes. Let it sit to cool, then cut and top with pure maple syrup or more fresh berries.