Roasted Mushroom Creamy Polenta
- 1 LB Mixed Mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cold-pressed
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Sea Salt & Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 Cups Light Coconut Milk, organic
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Polenta, non-instant
- 2 TB Dairy-Free Butter, we use Earth Balance
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, place the cleaned mushrooms- drizzle with olive oil and toss in the garlic-mix. Season with salt and pepper, then spread them evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from the oven, place back in the bowl and top with parsley.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, water, and salt over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. When simmering, slowly pour in the polenta and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to low and partially cover the pan with a lid and cook, whisking vigorously every 5 minutes so that it does not clump up. Make sure you scrape the sides of the pan. Cook until liquid is absorbed - roughly 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Top the polenta with the mushrooms and serve. We love this underneath a good pork roast!