Asian-Style Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
- 3 LBS Pork Shoulder (fat trimmed, no bone)
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cold-pressed
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 15 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes (we choose Hunt's because they are flash steamed & organic)
- 2 TB Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 Cup Fish Sauce (found in the Asian aisle)
- 2 TB Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 TB Spicy Chinese Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Organic (clean) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Put all ingredients, less the pork, in the slow cooker and mix around. Place the pork in the center, scoop sauce all over it, then cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- We served it with mashed cauliflower & grilled asparagus.