APL #tighthenuptuesday Strength Workout
Time for another amazing workout to tone up those legs! Let’s get sweaty-click on the workout pic to make it bigger and scroll below to see the exercise descriptions!
- Curtsey Lunges: start by standing with feet hip-distance apart holding dumbbells at your sides, step back into a curtsey (foot behind you and across the back of your front leg), lunge, then while stepping back to center, resist setting your foot down. Repeat.
- Sumo Squats: start with feet 3-4 feet apart, feet facing forward. Perform a deep squat, squeeze your gluts and stand back up. Repeat. Note: if holding dumbbells, hold them in between your legs, keeping your chest up.
- Wall Sits: stand against a wall, slowly lower down until your legs are at a 90-degree angle and your feet are right under your knees. Press your back into the wall and hold, keeping you weight in your heels.
- Drop Squats: start with your body standing straight, feet together, holding any equipment at your chest. Jump out and down into a squat and then back to standing position. Repeat.
- Lunge Pulses: start in a lunge position, both legs bent at 90-degree angles, arms on your hips. Pulse in small movements. Repeat on both sides.
- Single Leg Hip Raises: laying on your back with your knees bent and arms at your side, raise one leg up into the air. Keep the weight in the heel of the foot still on the ground, bridge your body up (bum, back, all in the air-just your shoulder blades on the ground) and pulse into the air with your leg. Repeat on the other side.