Baked Chili-Spiced Chocolate & Bacon Brownies
We deserve a treat every once in a while and I am a firm believer that an intelligently made dessert is A-ok to have every once in a while. That is why I created this recipe to share with you using whole, natural products like Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate and Applegate Farms All-Natural Bacon. Enjoy!
APL Bacon-Spiced Brownies
¨ 1/4 LB All-Natural Applegate Farms Bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
¨ 2 TB Raw Honey
¨ 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
¨ 1 Cup Pure Brown Sugar
¨ 1/4 tsp Stevia, powdered
¨ 1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
¨ 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
¨ 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour (Gluten-Free? Use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour)
¨ 1/2 Cup Raw Cocoa Powder
¨ 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
¨ 1 Green & Black’s “Spiced Chili” Chocolate Bar, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch, square baking dish with coconut oil cooking sprat.
- Pan-fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until nearly crisp-roughly 5 minutes. Add the honey and stir. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-covered plate to cool.
- Mix melted coconut oil, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl-slowly mix in the eggs.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a medium bowl-add to the egg mixture and stir. Mix the bacon into the mix, then the coarsely chopped chocolate bar-pour into the sprayed baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean-about 25 to 35 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool before cutting into squares.