Happy Homemade Soup Day!
This week we made two soups we love to give you some ideas for Homemade Soup Day today! We LOVE both, so give em’ a try! Soup can be kept fresh or made in large batches so some can get frozen for later!
White Bean & Escarole Soup:
- 1 1/2 Onions, chopped
- 1 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cold-pressed
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 32 oz. Low-Sodium, Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 2, 15 oz. Cans Organic Cannellini Beans, drained & cleaned
- 1 LB Fresh Escarole, cleaned and hand-torn
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Toss the onions in and cook until lightly browned and tender- roughly 6-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for a minute. Add in the beans and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil- reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once cool, lightly blend the mixture in a blender (keep it chunky)- then place it back in the stockpot. Stir in the escarole and heat until lightly wilted. Serve fresh with some salt and pepper.