Sprouted Brown Rice Bowl with Ginger-Garlic Sauce
- For the Stir Fry:
- 1 Small Spaghetti Squash, roasted and forked out
- 1 TB Coconut Oil
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts (not shown in photo because were not in season, but add them in!)
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Organic Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 4 Scallions, sliced (for topping)
- 1 TB Black Sesame Seeds (for topping)
- For the Sauce:
- ¼ Cup Bragg’s Aminos
- 3 TB Mirin
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- ½ tsp Sambal Oelek (found in the Asian aisle, it is a chili paste)
- Cook the rice.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, shallots, and curry powder. Stir-fry for 5-6 minutes. Add the mushrooms, peas, and sprouts-stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add 2-3 TB of sauce and the rice– stir fry a few minutes, then remove the pan from heat.
- Once off the heat, add the sauce until you think it has enough (I go for lighter.) Top with scallions and more sauce and sesame seeds.