Tighten Up Tuesday Strength Workout!
- Push Away Balance: Start by standing with your knees slightly bent, arms up in front of you with palms facing out. Lift your left leg up in the air, then bend down and “fall” on the floor (chest leads,) but let your arms bend and then push away from the floor with with your hands back to the start. Repeat with both legs
- Burpee-Dumbbell Overhead Press: Bring your arms down to the floor (holding a dumbbell in one hand) and jump your legs back into a plank position.Push up off of the ground and jump up to standing, pressing the weight over your head. Repeat per side.
- Plank Dumbbell Row-Front Raise: Pop into a plain ol’ plank position, palms down, dumbbell in one hand and back straight. Alternate pulling the dumbbell up into a row (bent arm, bring the elbow straight up past your back) and then bringing the dumbbell down to the floor and up straight into a front raise. Repeat per side.
- Triceps Push Ups: place your arms underneath your shoulders and instead of bringing your arms out, bring them in close to your rib cage as you drop your body down towards the floor. Push yourself back up and repeat.
- Push Up-Mt. Climbers: perform a standard push up and then bring your legs in for 4 mountain climbers. Repeat.