APL Sweet & Sour Chicken
- 1 LB Organic Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 4 TB Organic Sunflower Seed Butter
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Scallions, sliced
- 4 Cups Shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1 Cup Sprouted Brown Rice, we love Annie Chun's
- 5 TB Filtered Water
- 3 TB Organic Ketchup
- 2 TB Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Sauce
- 1 TB Organic Plum Sauce
- 1 tsp Organic (gluten-free) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 TB Raw Black Sesame Seeds
- On a dedicated meat-only cutting board, chop the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the mirin and sunflower seed butter in a large bowl and mix well- toss in the chicken- let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sesame oil in a medium skillet-heat over medium heat for 30 seconds-toss in the chicken. Cook 4-5 minutes, mixing around.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the water through the worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken, stir, and cook another 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top 1/2 cup of chicken over 1 cup shredded cabbage, 1/4 cup sprouted brown rice, 1/8 cup scallions, cilantro, and 1/2 TB sesame seeds.