Derby Day Cucumber Sandwiches
- 1/2 Cup Veganaise (Soy Free)
- 1 TB Sour Cream (Dairy Free or vegan? Choose Toffutti)
- 1/2 TB Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Coarse-Grained Mustard
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 12 Thin Slices of Whole Grain Gluten-Free Bread, lightly toasted
- 1/2 Cup Mint Leaves, stems trimmed (or 12 pieces)
- 12 Thin Slices of Radishes, well-cleaned (smaller than shown, this is our lunch-size sammy)
- 12 Organic Cucumber Slices, peeled
- 12 Thin Slices Avocado
- Handful of Sprouts, well-cleaned
- Mix the veganaise, sour cream, lemon zest, mustard, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Add some sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- Toast the bread and then slice it into thin pieces.
- Spread the lemon creamy spread on top of a slice of bread and top with mint, radish, cucumber, & avocado slices, then top with sprouts and another thin slice of bread. Build the remainder of the sandwiches.