Roasted Potato, Lentil, Asparagus Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1 Cup Steamed Lentils, we used Eden's Select to save time
- 3 Medium Red Potatoes, sliced
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, ends cut off
- 1 Large Shallot, sliced into thin rings
- 1 TB Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- handful minced fresh tarragon
- APL Mustard Dressing:
- 2 TB Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 TB Coarse-Grained Mustard (we love Sir Kensington)
- 4 TB Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 TB Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Sea Salt, fine-grained
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees.
- Steam your lentils according to the package or drain the can and place them in a large bowl.
- Slice the potatoes and place them on a baking sheet- drizzle with 1/2 TB oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a griddle pan, grill the asparagus spears with the remaining olive oil over medium heat-roughly 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the asparagus spears and place in the bowl with the lentils, then toss the shallots into the pan and grill over medium heat until lightly browned-roughly 2 minutes.
- Toss the shallots in with the asparagus and lentils. Cut the asparagus into thirds.
- When the potatoes are done, place them in the bowl as well.
- Top with fresh tarragon and drizzle with dressing when ready to serve. Reserve the rest of the dressing in a mason jar so it doesn't make the salad soggy and it will keep longer.