APL Favorite Fiber-Filled Snacks
We love prepping meals that keep us satiated, but let’s face it, we all love to snack here and there. A healthy snack is something that is around 150 calories of well-portioned out nutrition. I am offering up my fave selections that will fill you up despite their size and add to your daily need for 25+ grams of fiber per day.
- Spiced Fruit Bowl: 1/4 Cup Organic Cottage Cheese, 4 Organic Pear Slices, Dash of Cinnamon, 1 TB Chia Seeds
- Mediterranean Toastie: 1 slice grilled gluten-free whole grain bread (spray it with cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olio & grill) topped with 1 1/2 TB ricotta cheese, 2 slices roasted red pepper, & 1 TB Kalamata olives (chopped,)
- Hum-dinger Hummus: 4 Flackers (love these!) with 3 TB spiced avocado hummus (15 oz can Organic Garbanzo Beans, 1 Large Haas avocado, 1 garlic clove, 2 TB organic cilantro, 2 TB fresh lemon juice, 2 TB water, 1 TB chopped Jalapeño, 1 TB raw tahini, 1/4 tsp Himalayan crystal salt- just combine in a food processor and blend!) Save the hummus for a sandwich topper later or for toast!
- Snack-a-dilla: pan-toasted organic corn tortila, topped with 2 TB Amy’s refried black beans, 1 TB pico de gallo, 1 TB chopped organic pineapple, 2 slices organic Haas avocado, 1/2 TB chopped organic cilantro.
- Dip N’ Bar: KINDSnack Healthy Grain Granola Bar (chocolate chunk is amaze) with 1 TB Pumpkin Yogurt Dip (½ cup of canned pumpkin puree (pure and organic,) ½ cup of organic plain Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon raw honey, ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract, and dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg. Reserve the dip later for apple slices!
- Cinnamon-Soaked Apple Slices: slice an organic apple up and place it in glass tupperware. Top it with 1/2 of a fresh lemon, juiced. Dash as much cinnamon on top as you would like, put the top on the container, shake it up, and enjoy!
- APL Lean & Green Smoothie: 1 cup organic kale leaves, 1 cup organic baby spinach, 1 organic apple, 1 lemon (juiced,) 1/2 cup cold water, ice, 1 TB chia or flaxseeds
- Popcorn Bowl: 1 cup plain air-popped popcorn, sprayed 2-3 times with coconut or extra virgin olive oil, topped with cayenne pepper and garlic powder (to taste.)
Puffed Sandwiches: 4 Suzie’s rice thins with 1/2 TB sunflower seed butter spread between each set.