APL Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 TB Pure Irish Butter or Ghee
- 3 TB Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Romano or Pecorino Cheese
- 4 Large Red Potatoes, sliced into coins
- 1 Medium Onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and get out a glass baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, & pepper-mix until smooth. Slowly add in the milk, stir, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, add in the cheese.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with 1/2 of the potato slices, then 1/2 of the onions and cheese mixture. Repeat this once again. Cover with of oil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-12-or until top is lightly browned.
- NOTE: meant for special occasions! Serves 8, 128 calories per serving