National Chocolate-“Peanut Butter” Ice Cream Day!
APL decided to mix it up and give you this organic, whole version of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-like ice cream without the nuts, many common allergens, and with pure ingredients. 1/4-cup servings are recommended with fresh fruit for a properly portioned, satisfying treat. If you have dietary restrictions, by all means, use non- or low-fat versions of the ingredients. We stick with the original versions to keep things less processed.
- 1 Can Full-Fat Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Organic Sunflower Seed Butter (2-ingredient brand like Once Again…)
- 1 TB Pure Vanilla Extract (We love using Madagascar Vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Plain Organic Greek Yogurt (Try Wallaby Whole Milk Greek Yogurt)
- 1 Cup Unflavored Hemp Milk (We always use Living Harvest Tempt)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (SunFood makes a great raw cacao powder)
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, mix together the coconut milk, sunflower seed butter, vanilla, & sea salt until very smooth!
- Bring the mixer’s speed down to low and add in the yogurt, hemp milk, cocoa powder.
- Freeze until firm-roughly 4 hours- mixing with the mixer every hour. Or, use your ice cream maker according to the directions.