National Beans Day & APL Baked Bean Recipes!
The day before a HUGE baked bean holiday happens to be National Bean Day- ah hem, perfect timing! Beans not only have amazing health benefits, but they make the perfect filling side dish. We are sprucing up the traditional baked bean recipes with some APL flavor, but keeping them lean so you don’t gain weight this holiday weekend!
Baked Bean Recipe #1:
- 1/2 LB Pinto Beans, soaked overnight
- 1, 15 oz Can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 1/2 TB Bragg’s Aminos
- 1 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 TB Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 TB Molasses, pure
- 4 TB Coconut Sugar or stevia equivalent
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1 TB Cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- Mix all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours!
Baked Bean Recipe #2: definitely have a smaller portion of this one:)
- 2 Cups Navy Beans, soaked overnight
- 1/2 LB Applegate Sunday Bacon, sliced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 TB Blackstrap Molasses, pure
- 1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Organic (Sir Kensington) Ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 TB Organic Worcestershire Sauce (make sure it is gluten-free)
- 1/4 TB Pure Maple Syrup
- Dash of Himalayan Crystal Salt & Black Pepper
- Arrange the beans in your slow cooker and top with the bacon slices and onion.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine molasses, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and maple syrup- bring the mixture to a boil and then pour over beans.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
Quick & Easy Baked Bean Solutions: