Coarse-Grain Cornbread & Honey
- 1 1/4 cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour or coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unrefined organic sugar or 3 tsp Stevia
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3+1/4 cups whole grass-fed milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk organic Greek yogurt (to mix with 1/4 cup milk for a buttermilk replacement)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 8 TB unsalted grass-fed organic butter, melted
- raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add in the milk, milk and yogurt mixture, and eggs.
- Whisk in the butter, reserving 2 tsp for coating the bread pan.
- Pour in the batter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clear.
- Serve fresh with a tsp of honey and raw butter or heat up for 10 seconds when ready to eat later on and "dress" accordingly.