APL Goat Cheese & Asparagus Crustless Quiche
- 1 1/2 cups organic asparagus, chopped
- 2 TB cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup goat cheese, plus more to garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 cup pan-roasted roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups coconut creamer or milk
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram
- 2 TB fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 egg yolks from pasture-raised eggs
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium, heat the olive oil for a minute. Toss in the onion, 1 garlic clove, and a pinch of sea salt-cook until lightly browned.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes- add in the parsley and marjoram- remove from heat.
- Whisk coconut creamer, eggs, and yolks together –season with salt and pepper.
- In a pie dish, sprinkle the veggie mixture at the bottom, top with crumbled goat cheese, and pour the eggs over it.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until quiche is set in the center.
- Meanwhile, in the pan, pour a bit of olive oil and the remaining minced garlic clove and pan-roast the halved cherry tomatoes until tender- roughly 4-5 minutes.
- Serve the quiche topped with fresh parsley, crumbled goat cheese, and roasted tomatoes as garnish.