Spicy Shrimp-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 LB raw & wild-caught shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 3 TB whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 TB green onion, sliced
- 1 ½ TB sweet chili sauce
- ¾ TB sriracha sauce, we love Lee Kum Kee’s
- 4 bell peppers, color of choice, tops & seeds removed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the bell peppers on top. Roast for about 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
- When the peppers are roughly 45 minutes in to cooking, start the shrimp...
- Combine the yogurt, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil for 1 minute. Toss in the shrimp and grill 5-8 minutes or until opaque in color.
- Evenly divide the shrimp up amongst the bell pepper bell pepper bowls and garnish with scallions.
Check out the APL Dietary Alternatives:
- Paleo? Use paleo mayo instead go the Greek yogurt
- Vegetarian? Make with pan-grilled tofu
- Vegan? Make with pan-grilled tofu & use veganaise or rice yogurt
- Dairy-Free? Use veganaise or rice yogurt instead of Greek yogurt
- Shellfish allergy? Try it with chicken