Golden Globe Apps: Labor Day Lentil Dip
- 1 Cup Lentils
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Dash of Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 2 TB Lemon Juice
- 1 TB Organic Tomato Paste (should just say tomato on the can)
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 TB Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp Harissa
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cold-pressed
- Rinse the lentils with cold water and drain. Combine the lentils, bay leaf, and 1 tsp salt in a medium saucepan, then add enough water that is a couple inches above the lentils. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it boils, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the lentils are tender and falling apart-roughly 10 minutes. Drain the lentils, discard the bay leaf, and let the lentils cool for 10 minutes before putting in a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, tomato paste, garlic, cilantro, harissa, cumin, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Season the dip with salt and/or red pepper flakes for added spice- transfer it to a serving bowl. Serve with grilled or raw veggies and salt & pepper PopChips! (So yummy)