Paleo Garlic Bread with Vegan Sage Butter
Paleo Garlic Bread with Sage-“Butter”
makes roughly 6 bread balls
For the bread –
- ½ cup Olive Oil, cold-pressed and Extra Virgin
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ¾ cup tapioca Flour
- ¼ cup coconut Flour
- 1 pasture-raised egg (or “flax egg” by mixing 1 TB of flax meal with 3 TB warm water)
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pan combine the olive oil, water and sea salt and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in the garlic and then the tapioca flour.
- Mix thoroughly and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add in the in Italian seasoning and egg.
- Mix in the coconut flour and then knead the dough for 1 minute.
- Pinch a 1″ piece of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Place the roll on a greased baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes
For the sage-butter –
- 1 TB cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB Earth Balance butter, (made with olive oil + soy-free) room temp
- ½ tsp fresh sage, chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and toss in the chopped sage. Remove it from the heat- slowly pour in the olive oil and use immediately as a dipping sauce.
These little buggers are bread without the guilt and the sage butter adds a taste of the season…we’re in love.