New on the Menu for APL Next Week
We are getting creative in the kitchen for Spring and are starting to give you sneak peaks of what to expect over the next 6 weeks as far as yummy in your tummy recipes go!
I have to say, I love my job and have always made it my main focus, but motherhood is pretty incredible. Nothing is more satisfying to me than cooking in the kitchen with my mini-me (little Reesie pooh as I call her) playing in her exercise-saucer staring up at me (probably silently pleading for more bananas- the kid legit goes bananas for banana puree.) Combining my two passions, mom & healthy living, has truly filled me up to the brim with happiness! My salad bowl runneth over:)
However, my kitchen does feel a bit over-used with my dog getting freshly made food daily, my from-scratch meals breakfast, lunch, & dinner, and then even little Reese is on purees du jour now as well! Cook, cook, cook…it’s a good thing I LOVE it! As APL readers & clients, you will reap the benefits of course with fresh & new meals! Check out what we have on-tap for next week!
MEALS BEING CREATED IN THE APL KITCHEN NEXT WEEK
Meals for the Week:
- Veggie Lunch: Curried millet burgers with currants, served in kale “buns” with roasted asparagus
- Veggie Lunch: Roasted chickpeas (mashed with roasted garlic) & mixed with steamed broccoli, & all topped with tangerine vinaigrette
- Veggie Lunch: Creamy chickpea puree, topped with spicy marinara, fresh baby greens, & a poached egg on top
- Paleo in the P.M. Dinner™: Dijon mustard shredded chicken salad with grilled onions & apples served over escarole with a simple balsamic vinaigrette
- Paleo in the P.M. Dinner™: Shredded chicken taco salad with grilled pineapple, assorted toppings (pico de gallo, black olives, avocado, & jalapeño), with grilled bell peppers & onions on the side
Meal Prep Sunday or Monday To-Do List & Tips:
If you are going to make this menu after we post all of the recipes by 4/20, you can follow these tips to meal prep for the week on Sunday or Monday!
- Put the chicken breast with organic, low-sodium veggie or chicken broth in the slow-cooker (2 minutes prep, 8 hours hands-off cooking)
- Prep the vinaigrettes (10 minutes blending 2 dressings)
- Chop bell pepper & onion for the tacos (6 minutes chopping)
- Roast a head of garlic (1 minute prep, 1 hour, hands-off baking)
- Form the millet burgers (20 minutes to cook the millets, mix, & form)