Cinnamon-Dusted Buckwheat-Banana Griddlecakes
This past Sunday I woke up and decided I wanted to have something fun for breakfast aside from my standard morning green juice. I LOOOOVE my juice, so I made one sans banana while waiting on my griddlecakes to be done:) These gluten-free + vegan griddlecakes are filled with fiber, absolutely no guilt, and tons of taste! To stay nutritious, keep to one griddlecake per serving.
Buckwheat-Banana Griddlecakes – makes 4 griddlecakes
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup + 3TB cup unsweetened hemp or coconut milk
- 2 TB flax meal
- 1/3 cup sweet sorghum flour, gluten-free
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour, gluten-free
- 1 tsp baking powder, aluminum-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure cinnamon (Ceylon)
- pinch of mineral salt (Himalayan)
- 1 TB raw coconut oil, for grilling on your griddle
- optional toppings: unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut nectar as syrup, cacao nibs, sunflower or almond butter (pictured below,) & goji berries
simply mix all of the above ingredients, sans toppings and coconut oil for cooking, together in a large bowl. Form 4 griddle cakes and place them on your pre-oiled griddle over medium heat. Cook until browned on both sides & cooked through- roughly 4 minutes/side. Serve with toppings-of-choice.