Chickpea Meatballs with Coconut-Lime Curry Sauce
I made this one day this week when I spent the good part of the day in the APL Kitchen just winging it. All I can say is these were SO easy and….I WANT MORE! This is a fantastic dish for a busy weeknight because the prep was FAST!
What’s In It:
- 1, 15 oz. package of Chickpeas (sprouted is ideal, then mashed)
- 1 large handful of cilantro, hand-torn
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 TB fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- red pepper flakes, to taste (we used 1 TB)
Mash this stuff up in a large bowl- mold into 8-10 “meatballs” and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use raw or as-is bake them at the lowest temp your oven can go for 20-25 minutes. We flash-baked them at 125-degrees.
For The AMAZING Sauce:
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TB curry powder
- 1 can raw (preferably) coconut milk
- 1 TB Bragg’s liquid aminos (or gluten-free Tamari)
- 1 TB coconut nectar or truly raw agave
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt (Himalayan crystal salt)
Blend all ingredients in a blender and voila!
We served these babies in a red cabbage leaf and topped them with sliced red scallions, some more cilantro, and 1 TB of golden raisins (amazing with the curry sauce.) If you don’t want to use raisins, try goji berries! I started off eating them like meatballs and then made myself a meatball sandwich as you can see below:)!!!