Raw Curry Falafel Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing
This recipe could not be any simpler! No joke, it gives you absolutely no excuses about not having time to eat healthy! Not to mention, how ridiculously gorgeous this meal will make your insides + outsides thanks to beaufitying ingredients like watercress.
Watercress is oh-so-healthy, so when you are thinking of making a salad, try using it as the leafy green base instead of your usual go-to’s. It is always smart to rotate your greens so you get varied nutrition and flavors. Watercress, filled with beautifying nutrients, is from the mustard family. It is alkaline, so it neutralizes acidic waste products in the blood and lymphatic system. Woot! Not to mention its incredible amounts of sulfur, manganese, iodine, iron (more than spinach!) copper, calcium, and vitamins A, B1, B2, C, + E.
Whatcha’ Need to Make This Big, Bad Ass Bowl:
- 1, 15 oz. organic garbanzo beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/8 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large shallot (or 1 small one,) minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 TB curry powder
- 1 TB hemp oil, cold-pressed
- 1 TB red pepper flakes
- 2 TB hemp hearts
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- Just place all ingredients in a bowl and MASH, MASH, MASH away!
- Form into 8 falafel balls + serve when ready! (Note: one serving is 4 falafel.)
For the Lemon-Tahini Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 TB maca powder
- 4 TB tahini, preferably raw with no salt added
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Himalayan Crystal salt, to taste
- 3 TB + filtered water, to thin out, as-needed
- Just blend it all together in a blender or simply whisk with a fork or whisk in a bowl!
For the Salad: (for one salad bowl)
- 1 1/2 cups watercress (buy living if you can,) gently washed
- 1/2-3/4 cup Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, julienned (you can’t really see it in the pic, but it is noodle-like underneath the falafel)
- 1/4 cup radishes, sliced (roughly 8 radishes) – we used purple and white
- optional: extra chopped parsley + cilantro
- drizzle of dressing (keep it light)