Guilt-Free Pitaya Pie
Pitaya fruit is something we are a BIG fan of in our kitchen these days and not because it is so friggen’ pretty! Anything that comes out pink seals the deal for me, but the nutritional benefits from this exotic fruit make it difficult not to love! I try to teach my clients to be realistic about living healthy and make sweet treats in a healthier way, but only when they are in need of a little dietary splurge. You don’t want to get into a sugar trap, but instead, satiate the need a little:) This pie is just that: a mini splurge without the guilt and SO easy to make!
What You Need:
- Whole grain gluten-free pie crust – just buy it store-bought so this part is quick!
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Pitaya fruit (we buy frozen packets from PitayaPlus.com when it is not around the store)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 large ripe bananas or plantains
- 1 small avocado
- 2 TB maca powder
- 3 – 4 TB coconut nectar or pure raw agave nectar
- 4 TB raw cacao nibs
How to Make this Yummy Thang:
Bake the pie crust at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or blend a quick one together yourself and choose to keep it raw. Meanwhile, blend the Pitaya through the coconut nectar together in a blender. Pour the mixture into the crust, top it with the cacao nibs (and unsweetened coconut shreds if you like) – refrigerate for 2-3 hours and then voila!
oops- already ate some!!!