Heirloom Tomato + Basil Soup
Summer soups are my fave because you can only have so many veggie salads for lunch, am I right?!? I make a slice of our quick 2-minute flax bread and enjoy it with some produce in a bowl, but we spice it up a bit like this Heirloom tomato soup with garlic, onion, basil, + coconut milk to make it super creamy and delicious! Not only that, but we’re sure to boost it even more with a super food powder of sorts. Stay tuned for a new soup all-month-long- for now, make a batch of this beauty and enjoy it all week-long!
Let’s Make Tomato Soup!
- A bit of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- a few pinches of red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 large Heirloom tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped (do capture their juices for the soup)
- Himalayan crystal salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk, full-fat (only the “creamy” part)
This is some super simple prep:
Simply heat the oil in a soup pan for 30 seconds and then toss in the onion and cook until light brown. Add in the garlic- cook for 30 seconds until fragrant and then add n the tomatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes. Heat for 6-8 minutes. Scoop the coconut “cream” out of the can and into the soup- stir and let simmer for another 5-6 minutes. Let it cool for a bit, add in the basil, + then blend it up until smooth! Add more basil for a garnish + red pepper flakes if you like it spiced up like me!