Hydration Gone Green with COCO5
You all know that this girl loves her kale + is always trying to keep you healthy and hydrated, especially during these hot + humid summer months. So we teamed up with the yummy COCO5 to make a summer-friendly hydrating kale smoothie!
Hydrating + Sweet Kale Smoothie Recipe:
Makes 16 oz, roughly 125 calories per 8 oz serving
- 6 oz COCO5 Cherry Crush, 1/2 bottle
- 6 oz COCO5 Cherry Crush ice cubes (simply freeze it in an ice tray!)
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup kale, de-stemmed and hand-torn
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder, unflavored
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
We like to make it green, so why Kale?
Kale is one of the most nutrient-rich foods you can pack into your diet. It contains health-promoting vitamins and minerals like as vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6, Manganese, Calcium, Copper, Potassium and Magnesium. It is high in antioxidants, fiber, but keeps a low calorie profile. Don’t love kale? Just switch the drink up by using spinach (will make it sweeter) or Swiss chard!
A bit about COCO5:
COCO5 is an all-natural, young coconut based hydration drink containing all 5 essential electrolytes necessary for proper hydration and balance.