Chocolate-E Banana Chia Muffins
I mean, of course I made these little ditties heart-shaped! Because I LOVE you guys:) Oh, and the chia seeds in here are heart-healthy too.
What You Need:
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 “flax” egg (1 TB flax meal mixed with 3 TB filtered water)
- 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or hemp milk, organic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup amaranth flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 3 TB raw cacao powder
- 3 TB chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 2/3 cup cacao nibs
How to whip em’ up!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line or spray the muffin tins with coconut oil. Place the flax meal with water in a small bowl- set aside.
- In another larger bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda and powder, nibs, cacao powder, chia seeds + salt)
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (coconut butter, banana, vanilla, flax egg, coconut nectar, + milk)
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and blend well. Pour the mix into the muffin tins, filling each one up 3/4 of the way. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry after poking it:)