Buffalo Chickpea Pizza
What You Need:
For the Crust:
- 1 small head organic cauliflower, pureed into florets (looks like rice) + then lightly steamed for 4-5 minutes
- 2 flax eggs; 2 TB flaxmeal mixed with 3-4 TB warm water
- 3 TB of nutritional yeast
- 1 TB of coconut flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- dash of smoky paprika, cayenne pepper, + cumin
For the Toppings:
- Carrots, shredded (roughly 1/2 cup)
- Green + purple cabbage, shredded (roughly 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup raw chickpeas mixed with 2 TB organic, gluten-free BBQ sauce
- handful of coarsely chopped cilantro
- healthy drizzle of the APL Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- optional: 1 TB hemp hearts, 1/8 cup grilled corn, chopped celery…
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Place the steamed cauliflower into a piece of cheesecloth spread over a large bowl (to catch the excess moisture) – let drain for 5-6 minutes and then press to drain of any more moisture.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the cauliflower with all other ingredients.
- Spread over a pizza stone or onto a lined baking sheet – shaping into a pizza round.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm + lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven + let sit for 10 minutes. Top with the pre-prepped ingredients. Serve!