Who doesn’t want a pancake for breakfast? But, toss those standard flavors and opt for something more unique + winterized like Blackberry + Sage! We are obsessed. Make them all and freeze some for later. Want some protein? Add in several servings of a plant-based protein powder! One APL breakfast is 2 pancakes.
Blackberry-Sage Superfood Pancakes
makes 8-10 pancakes
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened hemp milk
- 1 tsp pure Madagascar vanilla extract
- 3 TB coconut nectar
- 3 TB Earth Balance avocado “butter,” melted
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat or gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 TB arrowroot starch
- 1 TB aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 cup fresh, organic blackberries
- 2 TB fresh + organic sage, chopped
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: butter, coconut nectar, vanilla extract, + hemp milk. In another medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the flour, starch, + baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ones + combine well. Toss in the blackberries + sage- mix well.
- Spray a skillet with coconut oil + heat for 30 seconds on medium. Using a measuring cup, scoop out 1/4 cup of batter to form a pancake. Make all 8-1o pancakes, then serve with a drizzle of coconut nectar + extra mashed blackberries on top!