Better Booty Lunch Bowl
Now THIS is a Wintertime salad I can stand by! I would peruse the produce aisles of your local grocery + see what’s in stock to determine what you want to put in your bowl, but these ingredients are our go-to faves for a filling, tasty, celebration in your mouth! Not to mention, it’s nutrition profile WILL get you a better booty They say abs are made in the kitchen, but did you know that in addition to my leg days @ Hardpressed Chicago I for sure make these buns in the kitchen too?
What’s In This:
It’s base is a cup of hand-torn organic kale (working on rotating your greens so you are not eating the same thing, and the same nutrients, over-and-over again? Try Swiss chard or dandelion greens instead.)
We topped ours with 1 1/2 cups of roasted Brussels sprouts + Harissa-spiced carrots. What the heck is harissa? It’s a traditional paste/sauce found in the Middle East made from ground up chiles, olive oil, + oftentimes spices like paprika. We make our own or pick it up in the International aisle of our store. Simply cut your winter veggies as you like them, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and roast at 350 degrees F until lightly browned + tender (depends on the veg.) We simply misted our halved sprouts with some cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil + Himalayan crystal salt and then brushed harissa atop the carrot slices – voila! Took about 16 minutes to roast. (Keep moving the sprouts so they don’t burn up or turn dry.)
Prep note: drizzle the kale with the honey mustard dressing in a bowl and set aside to absorb it while you roast the veggies. This way, the greens are softer + easier to digest.
Better Booty Bowl tasty AND functional add-ons? Why not?!? We added 1 1/2 TB of goji berries, 1 TB of hemp hearts, + drizzled the APL Honey Mustard Vinaigrette atop it all for a tummy-pleasing salad filled with:
- A plethora of health-boosting antioxidants,
- Heart-healthy fats,
- Iron (no animal protein present + we’re still getting our fill of iron,)
- Manganese (main roles include: promoting bone production, protecting the skin + promoting collagen production, + helping with blood sugar control,)
- Biotin (thanks carrots for the healthy dose of this mineral to help promote glowing skin, healthy hair, + strong nails…)
- isothiocyanates (that lend to detoxification,)
- Vitamins K, A, + C,
- 4 cancer-protecting glucosinolates: glucoraphanin, glucobrassicin, sinigrin, and gluconasturtiian
We hope you enjoy this bowl of yumminess,