Fox Good Day Chicago: Ditch Sugar with Fad-Free Forever
As usual, we had a great time on Fox today with Richard, chatting about ditching processed sugar like so many of you have been doing thanks to New Year’s resolutions to live healthy. APL has your back! (Miss the segment? Watchhere!)
In a recent stat, more than 50% of all Americans consumed ½ LB of sugar per day. That’s 180 lbs of sugar per ear- essentially chowing down on a 6-foot tall man
There’s a reason APL has removed processed sugar from the 6-week purification portion of our Fad-Free Forever plan It’s inflammatory and has absolutely no nutritional value. We are highly sensitized to it as well, since faux sugars are on another level when it comes to sweetness + flavor. They are 300 times + more sweet than natural sugar, so we have to ease ourselves off of that flavor profile and adjust to a lower sweetness index.
You can quit it by changing your taste buds through temporary elimination and then putting natural sources back into the diet! It’s as simple as that. Natural sources; i.e. comes from a plant source, tree, or anything natural that is not dragged through any nasty processing.
Our natural sugar choices include:
Chocolate-Cherry Chia Seed Pudding
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups hemp milk, unsweetened
- 5-8 dates, no pits
- 1/3-cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt, grey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen organic cherries
- Simply blend all of the ingredients together in a high-speed blender, place them in an air-tight glass storage container and refrigerate overnight (or for 3+ hours.)
- When ready to serve, scoop it into a bowl + top with any more super foods you like. Some examples include: unsweetened shredded coconut, raw pumpkin seeds, halved organic cherries, etc.
APL Protein-Packed Chocolate Mousse
makes 2 servings
- 1 very large avocado
- 2 TB raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped tsp maca powder
- 1 scoop spirulina
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar or pure maple syrup, + more to taste
- 1/2 cup hemp milk, unflavored + unsweetened
- raw cacao nibs, to top
- mixed berries, to top
- Peel, remove the pit, + mash the avocado in a small bowl, then place it in a blender with the remainder of the ingredients. Start off blending it on a low speed and then gradually increase over a 30-second span. Stop the blender, taste, and add any sweetener if necessary.
- Serve in a small bowl topped with ¼ cup mixed berries and raw cacao nibs.
makes 2 servings
- 1 packet of Pitaya fruit
- 1 banana
- ½ cup hemp milk, unflavored
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Blend it all together in a blender + enjoy!
- We top ours with unsweetened shredded coconut, raw cacao nibs, + bananas slices or fresh blueberries.