Fox News Chicago: Foods for Better Beauty
It’s what you put in AND what you remove from your body that matters when it comes to promoting beauty for your hair, skin, + nails. APL does all of these things to kick it up a notch!
WATER ADD-INS –boost your overall beauty with one simple dose per day
Water itself is a hydrating hero for the skin- drink half of your body weight in fluid ounces per day no matter what the weather is outside…but adding in these beauty boosting elements to your morning glass of H20 is key to promoting skin, hair, + nail strength
- Spirulina – it’s healthy fat content promotes healthy skin, hair, + nails and the chlorophyll aids in eliminating toxins which means brighter skin + even eyes too!
- Antioxidant potions – pour 1 TB of liquid antioxidant mixes into your water or even your next cocktail
DETOXIFYING: remove the “bad” to promote the “good”
- The “sweat-it-out” mentality is not lost on us in a weekly trip to an infrared sauna, but the at-home solution is a simple detox bath mix to bring out the toxins that lend to blemished skin, weak + brittle nails, and dull + lifeless hair, by soaking in a tub
- We will review ingredients and present quick pre-packaged solutions on a budget
- Take it at tea-time – a detox tea is key to helping you literally flush the toxins from your body that take away from your appearance.
- Fermented foods:
- healthy gut = healthy digestion = clear skin + better absorption of other beauty-boosting nutrients. We love adding in Farmhouse Cultures quick grab-and-go, low-sodium Kimchis + Krauts
- Sulfur-containing foods:
- Like aloe vera, radishes, watercress, spirulina, + bee pollen – helps hair by building strength and shin, promotes radiant skin, + strengthens nails
- Collagen-boosting foods like:
- Antioxidant-rich berries lend to fighting off any free radicals attacking the skin + boost collagen along the way
- Garlic, which offers lipoic acid and taurine, both of which help rebuild damaged collagen
- Anything red like bell peppers, beets, + tomatoes, contain lycopene that boosts collagen + protects against sun damage.