Blood Orange Guacamole
APL has come up with 8 new guacamole recipes to release slowly until Memorial Day, when we are going to make a whole at-home party filled with avocado creations + varied dipping delights! Tune in to the site to get the deets on all things guac!
Guacamole Recipe Round #1: Citrus + Seriously Satisfying
What You Need:
- 3 medium avocados, pitted + chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 TB cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- dash sea salt
- dash pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded + finely chopped
- ½ cup blood orange, peeled + diced
To Make: We used a KitchenAid mixer, but you can just mix this up in a bowl easily
- Place the avocado, lime juice, + salt in the mixer bowl and place it on medium speed-blend the avocados into a puree with the flat beater attachment.
- Pause the mixer and then set to high for 1 minute.
- When stopped, add in the scallion, bell pepper, jalapeno, + blood orange– mix lightly until blended.
- Pause it once more and then place it on low and slowly add in the cilantro –mix until well-combined.