Sriracha Cauliflower Burger with Cayenne + Coconut Sugar Carrot Fries
This recipe is a mouthful, but we are in LOVE with this savory cauliflower burger served atop an Udi’s gluten-free oat bun drizzled with Sriracha sauce, then topped with an avocado-horseradish spread, a grilled yellow bell pepper, + shredded purple cabbage. The side of spicy + sweet carrot fries makes it a DY-NA-MITE meal!
Sriracha Cauliflower Burger
What You Need:
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa, cooked
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets + steamed until al dente
- 2 flax “eggs,” 2 TB flax meal mixed with 3 1/2 TB warm water + set aside until thickened
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- sea salt + black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 TB veganaise “mayo” (don’t want this consistency? Use coconut oil at room temp or Earth Balance olive oil spread)
- To Top 1 Burger: 4 slices avocado mashed with 3 tsp Follow Your Heart horseradish sauce, 1 slice pan-grilled yellow bell pepper, 1/8 cup shredded purple cabbage, oat bun, 1 TB Sriracha sauce
- Prepare the quinoa + steam the cauliflower florets- place them both in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix together.
- Mix in the garlic, flax egg, scallions, cilantro, Veganaise, salt + pepper.
- Mold into 5 burger “patties.”
- Optional: bake in a skillet until lightly browned on both sides.
- Prepare: toast the Udi’s oat bun, top the bottom slice with your avocado-horseradish mash, then with a burger patty, shredded cabbage, yellow bell pepper slice, and drizzle the Sriracha on the top of the bun + voila!
Cayenne + Coconut Sugar Carrot Fries
What You Need:
- 1 bunch multicolored organic carrots, peeled + halved horizontally + then halved vertically to make “fries”
- spray of avocado oil atop all of them – we use a mister
- dash of cayenne pepper
- drizzle of Coconut nectar atop them all
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. We like to keep them a bit al dente so they are crunchy!