Fox News Facebook Live: Conscious Cocktailing for Summer
It’s that time…Summer is here and in full swing and we’re all outside, hosting parties, by the pool, + about to celebrate the 4th! Imbibing is part of the party, so APL brought to light some fun ways to bring in some booze + also shed some light on how to sip smarter.
Miss the video? Check it out on Natalie’s Facebook Page
We were inspired by our favorite tequila, agave loco because of it’s pepper-infused sweet heat that can turn up the guac with just a few TB! Check out our recipe below:
- 2 Haas Avocados, peeled and smooshed
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Small Jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
- 3 TB Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 TB Organic Pineapple, chopped
- 4 TB agave loco tequila pepper-infused tequila
- Simply mix all together in a bowl + voila!
Margarita-inspired popsicles are a summer favorite in the APL household. Check out how we made them for your next outdoor party to beat-the-heat!
- 1¼ cup fresh lime juice -about 8 limes
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 can plain la croix
- 1 cup water, filtered
- ¼ cup agave loco tequila
- 2 TB lemon juice
- few pinches sea salt
- 3 TB agave nectar
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl- pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze until solid-roughly 4-5 hours.
- For fun: I roll the popsicles into a lime zest-sugar mix once done + serve.
Our two favorite refreshing drinks that cut down on the calories + sugar are our Rose All Day cocktail + our Spicy Hard Lemonade.
Rose All Day Cocktail
- 4 oz dry rose
- 2 oz. plain la croix
- 1 TB rose petal essence
- I garnish with edible flowers from the spice section in the produce aisle. Mix it up + enjoy!
Spicy Hard Lemonade
- 6 oz fresh citrus juice (with or without agave sweetening)
- 1 1/2 oz vodka, gluten-free
- dash of cayenne pepper
- splash of agave nectar (if not already in the juice)
- 1 lemon wedge, to garnish
- Mix all ingredients, less the lemon wedge, in a shaker- pour over ice, garnish, + enjoy!