APL Interval Workout Time!
- Weight Plate Pushes: Place a 25-40 LB weight plate on the floor in front of you (on a carpeted or rubber gym floor) and give yourself some space in front of you. Crouch down into a bear crawl position, both hands on either side of the plate, and staying low, push it out, then turn around when you need to and keep pushing. Repeat for the allotted time.
- Drop Squats: Start with your body standing straight, feet together, holding any equipment at your chest. Jump out and down into a squat and then back to standing position. Repeat.
- Alternating Push Away Balance: Start by standing with your knees slightly bent, arms up in front of you with palms facing out. Lift your left leg up in the air and bend it, from your hips, bend down and “fall” on the floor (chest leads,) but let your arms push away from the floor with your hands back to the start. Repeat, alternating legs in the air.
- Split Squat Jumps: Start in a deep lunge position-both knees bent at 90-degree angle- jump up into the air, switching feet and returning into a lunge.
- Walk Out Push Ups: Start by standing, bring your hands down to the floor with a light bend in your knees, then walk them out in front of you until you are in plank position, perform a push up, then walk your hands back into your feet and stand up. Repeat.
- Plank Jacks: Get yourself into a plank position on the palms of your hand, straight back, and fingertips underneath the shoulders. Perform jumping jacks with your legs my scissoring out and back in- limit your hip movement and refrain from piking that butt up in the air!